Am I Experiencing Domestic Abuse?
Domestic abuse can be difficult to identify. The following questions and your answers to them may help you to think about your relationship.
- Have you changed something about yourself because you were worried about what your partner would do or say?
- Are you ever afraid of your partner?
- Has your partner ever made it hard for you to see your family or friends?
- Has your partner made you feel as though nothing you ever do is right?
- Does your partner want to know where you are and what you are doing all of the time?
- Has your partner ever tried to stop you getting a job or going to college?
- Has your partner ever threatened you or your children?
- Does your partner make you feel as though you are walking on eggshells?
- Does your partner tell you that anything that goes wrong is your fault?
- Has your partner ever destroyed any of your belongings?
- Does your partner call you names and make you feel bad about yourself?
- Does your partner give you the silent treatment when you don’t do what he wants?
- Does your partner ever make you feel guilty to get you to do things?
- Does your partner control all your money?
- Does your partner use the children against you by telling you that if you leave he’ll take the children?
- Has your partner ever threatened to hurt himself if you were to leave?
- Does your partner accuse you of cheating on him?
- Does your partner check your phone or your social media accounts to see who you are in contact with?
- Has your partner ever gone on and on at you to get you to have sex with him?
- Does your partner make you feel as though there is something wrong with you?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions you could be experiencing domestic abuse.
If you believe you are, or may be, experiencing domestic abuse, please call us on 01224 593381, email email@example.com or complete our online form HERE, for free, confidential advice