16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence17 Nov 2021
16 Days of Activism (or Action) Against Gender-Based Violence is an annual international campaign running from 25th November to 10th December.
Each year we're proud to support the event - to raise the profile, and amplify the voices of, women, children & young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
This year, we'll be:
- posting daily on social media using the hashtag #whatwillyoudo - Scotland's National Violence Against Women & Girls network's theme for 2021
- sharing related social media from partner organisations
- running an online training event - "An Introduction to the Safe & Together Practice Principles" - for Practitioners
- taking part in talks and panel events across Aberdeen & Aberdeenshire, including with Aberdeen University Students Association, Aberdeen Law Project and Aberdeenshire Violence Against Women
- contributing to local press and radio articles about the campaign
And, we're specially proud that this year, for the first time, we are running three Connecting Women events for women who are currently using, or have previously used, our services.
Why These Dates and Why 16 DAYS?
The campaign starts and ends each year on two important and related dates.
Day 1, 25th November, is International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Day16, 10th December, is World Human Rights Day.
Find out more about 16 Days of Activism for Gender based Violence HERE and join us on the 2021 campaign!
If you are experiencing domestic abuse, please call us on 01224 593381, email email@example.com or complete our online form for free, confidential advice.