Our refuge accommodation is scattered throughout Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. We have a choice of one, two and three bedroom properties and also one communal refuge. The refuges are fully furnished, equipped to a high standard and inspected on a regular basis. We ensure a high standard of health and safety and the majority of our accommodation is monitored externally by CCTV.
Before refuge is offered, a Support Worker will undertake a risk assessment with you, to ensure we can consider a number of factors. The risk assessment is based on the Caada DASH model, which has been developed from extensive research into the risk factors associated with certain indicators in domestic abuse situations.
Factors we consider are:
- Are the areas we have available safe for you?
- Does the perpetrator or his family live or frequent nearby?
- Do you or your children present any issues which may impact on other residents?
- Do you have recourse to public funds?
- Are there any other known risk factors which may impact on your support?